[Coco] More poor news for Radio Shack

David Gettle david17361 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:20:52 EST 2014

I gave John Roach (then RadioShack C.E.O.) a warning about this about 20
years ago...

They didn't listen then, and still won't. So the RadioShack employees are
going to have to face the struggle to keep the company open and be worried
about their employment for the long term. though most RadioShack employees
are only there for the short term (or think they will be, been there, done
that).

They used to have a program where businesses could buy in bulk at lower
prices, I don't know if they still do that or not, but it did require a
business account that was set up with the home office, and all purchases
had to be called or faxed in to the home office, business orders could not
be done over the internet, or through the local stores. At least that was
true when I left the company in 2009.

To set up the account required the business to have a Tax ID with the state
they are registered in, a D.U.N.S. number, and the payments were either
required to be company check with net-30 billing or paid on shipment with a
company credit card, unless the company applied for, and was approved for a
RadioShack credit card.