[Coco] More poor news for Radio Shack

Gustavo Ranaur Schoenaker ranaur at ranaur.net
Fri Dec 12 07:55:56 EST 2014

In my last vacation to San Francisco I went to a Radio Shack that had no
electronics components! Only cellphones and accessories! That's an absurd!

They will loose their only diferencial from the other players.

IMHOP their problem is: to pay for a store in a fancy street is expensive
(it was near Market Street), so they need to charge much more for an
arduino kit than you can grab online.

They can't go after BestBuy. It's a different model. BB has "few" huge
stores, and they many have small ones. They are following BestBuy Mobile.
But in this case they will be just another cellphone reseller.

I think they should go after repair/DIY market. They will need to lower the
prices of the comodities to be competitive. But they can add services, like
rent 3D printers. Repair/fix electronics, and other "nerdy" stuff. It will
be tough, but there is no opponent in this market.

Maybe even they can sell a RS branded computer some day ... (ok, it's just
a dream :-))