[Coco] VCC & NitrOS-9 V3.3.0 released

Thu Dec 11 00:47:14 EST 2014

Hi,

OK, I just want to try and determine what ShellPlus is included with NitrOS-9 V3.3.0.

I need to pin down what ShellPlus is on my last OS-9 Active system also. ShellPlus_2_1.lzh with one small patch is what I remember. (That patch I think is on RTSI)

ShellPlus_2_2a.lzh was not applied to my last OS-9 active system but comments in that release tell the tale of what may have gone very wrong!

ShellPlus_2_2a.lzh comments suggest that removing code from other parts of NitrOS-9 must be done. Then after applying the needed (Supplied) patches to ShellPlus_2_1 a fresh disassembly and then seeing if the code removed from NitrOS-9 can be made to co-exist with ShellPlus.

Not a simple task at all, as ShellPlus_2_2a.lzh docs suggest a deeper harder problem to solve and perhaps more code to be removed. Read the docs in ShellPlus_2_2a.lzh and fully understand if you can. It's not easy at all.

I will be trying to rewrite the ShellPlus docs so they can be understood by others. I read it so many times several decades ago that reading the mess they are in currently sounds great to me.

The other parts of ShellPlus that are not included are also a problem as one utility was rewritten with different syntax perhaps breaking another part of ShellPlus.

I will answer questions about ShellPlus but I no longer use my coding pads.

My systems may have been hacked tonight, I am still trying to discover why so much Internet traffic is occuring and why settings on my W7 Laptop keep disappearing.

Please spare me the suggestions.

SHF