[Coco] ShellPlus, may it rest in peace. Was: Nitros9/Scripts question

Wed Dec 10 02:28:36 EST 2014

Hi,

Take a look at "VDIR" which I wrote and uploaded to Delphi and was
transferred to RTSI.

 ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/APPS/VDir.lzh

VDir.LZH is also on my webpage http://home.mindspring.com/~sfischer1/

ShellPlus which was a great and wonderful piece of work for OS-9 appears to
be not well known at all today.

The version on NitrOS-9 is broken in a serious way but a careful reading of
the ShellPlus 2.1 Documentation will show that much remains.

ftp://www.rtsi.com/OS9/OS9_6X09/APPS/ShellPlus_2_1.lzh

88/10/12 19:42                      Shell+ V2.1                       Page
001

                   Hacked Shell+ v2.1 Documentation
                       For L-II CoCo-3 Only

                       By: Ron Lammardo

Parts of ShellPlus are not in NitrOS-9 at all and the patches to correct the
defaults taken are not provided.

For some of what OS-9 ShellPlus offered are shown in my thread:

http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=89

It really is a shame NitrOS-9 ShellPlus is not used like I did so many years
ago as the authors intended.

I and Gene found a horrible bug at the same time years ago.

My memory is still fresh about how to use the power of ShellPlus.

SHF