[Coco] Vcc ROM emulation Error?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Dec 9 17:23:54 EST 2014

Brett Gordon wrote:
> Cool.. I was hoping someone would say that.  Can I ask how you're
> inserting the your ROM into MESS or Vcc?   Both are giving me
> troubles.  I'm having no luck finding docs on MESS's hashing files.
>
> -B

With VCC, go to menubar/Cartridge/FD-502 Config and select External Rom Image.

MESS is a little tricky. Old versions permitted you to use any ROM you wanted
for disk11.rom because there was a "check box" that selected "skip warnings".
The more recent versions removed that selection as the MESS crew decided they
new better than any user how the software should be used. :(
Now you must have the appropriate disk ROM disk10.rom or disk11.rom in the ROM
directory and then mount any custom disk ROM in the Cart slot. The process will
depend on whether you are using mess.exe or messui.exe.

Robert