[Coco] 1980 CoCoCoding contest? (4K Color BASIC 1.0)

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Tue Dec 9 15:30:20 EST 2014

Hi Allen!
That sounds like a great idea!  Make a contest out of it and display the results at the 2015 CoCoFEST!  I'll be conduct the DTSS contest and displaying all the results for voting at this year's CoCoFEST.   DTSS is the Dartmouth Time Sharing System Simulator.  It simulates both Algol and Basic, but of course the contest is concentrating on the BASIC portion of the simulator.  It runs on a Windows or MAC computer.  I'm hoping there are plenty of people working on programs because I have not received any messages from anyone doing so yet.  There's still plenty of time to get the programs written for the DTSS Simulator though.
I'd like to see both of these Contests move forward since we are celebrating the 51st Anniversary (IIRC) of the Birth of the Basic Programming Language at the 2015 CoCoFEST.  This year's theme is "Back to Basics"  There is ongoing talk about a logo for this year, but the Glenside Color Computer Club has not made a final decision yet.

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com