[Coco] Suggestions for a simple disk based text editor?

Tue Dec 9 12:58:45 EST 2014

<spereira1952-Wuw85uim5zDR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org> wrote in message
news:547255910.10025335.1418060143610.JavaMail.zimbra at comcast.net...
> Hello again all,
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion for me on a simple, disk-based text editor
> that I can acquire to look at the listing with? I am not yet using OS-9 or
> NitrOS-9, so, please suggest a stand-alone disk-based editor, if they
> exist.
> Stephen Pereira

The only editor non-OS-9 based that was of any value is Telewriter-128 (or
64 which I never used)

For any programming use it has the starting mode set up to do word wrap which destroys program source code and wish you never used it. BAD BAD BAD
I forgot to set non-word-wrap so many times that it's use was my last
result.

The best way to go to the disks is to do a search:

 http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/search.php?q=telewriter

Telewriter-64 (Computer Hut Software).pdf Documents/Manuals/Applications 2.4MB
 Telewriter-64 (Computer Hut Software).zip Disks/Applications 14.8KB
 Telewriter-64 (Computer Hut Software).zip Cassettes/Applications 8.6KB
Telewriter-64 Instructions (Computer Hut Software).zip
Cassettes/Applications 929
 Telewriter-128 (Computer Hut Software) (Coco 3).zip Disks/Applications
62.9KB
Telewriter Patcher (Bob Van Der Poel).zip Disks/Applications 12.4KB

The last file (Patcher) I have never seen before, it might make the work
wrap problem go away.

SHF