[Coco] Adding SCBBT and T1 the easiest way?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Dec 7 21:57:20 EST 2014

On Sunday 07 December 2014 18:52:46 Kandur did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Back in the day, I used to edit/modify SCF and RBF descriptors.
> Now I haven't the foggiest, how to do it.
> My 5.25" drive can read and write these kind of floppies:
> TYP=20, TRK=0028 and TYP=21, TRK=0050
> Realize the second one is not a standard dmode, but it works
> great and holds twice as much data, then the first one.
> This also allow me to use the backup command
> to duplicate a 3.5" floppy on a 5.25" one.
> I'd like to have a descriptor for the second type,
> so I don't have to change it's dmode after every boot.
>
> Kandur

After you have dmoded the descriptor to the right stuffs, cd to the
modules/rbf section of the nitros9 build install, and issue a

 "save my_d2.dd d2"

replacing the 2 with the drives proper address of course.

Then edit your nitros9/bootlists/standard.bl by copying it to my.bl, edit
to use that descriptor instead of the stock one.  Then do the same thing
in the scripts directory by copying the mb. you are using to mb.mine, and
edit the os9gen line in mb.mine so it uses the my.bl you just created.
Run the new mb.mine, direct it to the drive you usually use for a boot
drive, and make the updated boot disk.

The bootlist name and the script name are totally arbitrary, so if you
want to name them after the famous Fudpucker's, from Alice to Zumling, (be
sure and don't forget Elmer or George) it will still work.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)