[Coco] Need help (of course)

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Sat Dec 6 04:34:36 EST 2014

Well... You could build the cable so that drive :0 is closest to the
controller, but the point of the terminator is to dampen signal reflections
down the length of the cable. So, it's always best to have the drive with
the terminator on the last connector.

With drive :0 closest to the computer, as you add drives you will have to
move the drive with the terminator down the cable so it remains the last
drive. Tandy sold single drives and add-on drives. The single drive had a
terminator, and add-on drives didn't.

PC drives don't have to worry about termination as the cables tend to be
short and each drive has a terminator (smaller than what's used on external
drives) that suffice.

-[ Al ]-