[Coco] Need help (of course)

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 5 22:27:41 EST 2014

On Friday 05 December 2014 20:51:51 Bill Pierce via Coco did opine
And Gene did reply:
> According to what I read in a Rainbow article just recently (Marty
> Goodman?), when a drive is accessed, they all should spin, but only
> the drive accessed should light up.
>

> Bill Pierce
> "Today is a good day... I woke up" - Ritchie Havens

This is the ideal situation for os9 and its ilk. os9 I know, has only one
spinup delay, and it is not used when switching to the 2nd drive in a
drive to drive copy operation.  Thats good because when the drive is
already spinning, the only delays are those involving the disk turning
until the correct sector is under the head.

I am sure it _could_ be done in rb1773, but most folks are more interested
in getting the job done than in saving or 2 watt hours of power in a busy
hours worth of computing.

[...]

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)