[Coco] Telnetting from a window

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 5 22:01:55 EST 2014

On Friday 05 December 2014 15:24:20 Kandur did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Gene, here is the free memory after boot:
> http://tinyurl.com/ptwo4yj
>
> Kandur
Wrong utility to report my problem:
{t2|08}/DD:mfree

 Blk Begin   End   Blks  Size
 --- ------ ------ ---- ------
   A  14000  15FFF    1     8k
  11  22000  7DFFF   2E   368k
  40  80000 1FBFFF   BE  1520k
                   ==== ======
            Total:   ED  1896k

Yeah, go ahead and drool, thers one of Tony D.s 2 meg kits in it. :)

What you need is sfree:
{t2|08}/DD:sfree

----- Level III System Memory -----
System memory:
20 free pages, largest block 17 pages.
5K of free RAM.

Which shows nicely why I cannot format a floppy.  Its the same as the L2
with the ability to look at the L3 stuff IF it exists.  It doesn't when
booted to L2 of course.

smap:
{t2|08}/DD:smap

    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D E F
 #  = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
 0  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 1  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 2  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
 3  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
 4  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
 5  _ U _ U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 6  U U U U _ _ U U U U U U U U U U
 7  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 8  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 9  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 A  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 B  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 C  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 D  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 E  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U
 F  U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U .

 Number of Free Pages:  52
   RAM Free in KBytes:  13

This says I ought to be able to, but I cannot do a floppy format until I
can make a boot small enough to leave 8k or so as sysram.

That sfree is an L3 utility but its closer to correct the smap ever
thought of being.

ATM I am up to my adams apple in a different tub of alligators. :)

Writing the gcode to drive my cnc milling machine to carve the sides and
ends of a Green & Green style blanket chest.  On the 3rd try, based on a
better understanding of what I need to do make it auto fit the matching
end of the box to the fingers on the ends of the sides. I'll test it on 4"
wide strips of white pine 1x12 of course, but the final version will be
carving up about $350 in Mahogany, and probably $20 worth of a 2x2x12
piece of Gabon Ebony ($68 on my front deck) for trim, the blackest wood
there is.  Heavy/dense too, I think it would sink in water as least as
fast as a rock.

> Friday, December 5, 2014, 11:43:24 AM, you wrote:
> > On Friday 05 December 2014 13:43:28 Kandur did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:
> >> Updated.
> >> http://qdv.pw/coco/?p=436
> >>
> >> Kandur
> >
> > Humm, now that would also give me back enough sysram to solve my
> > floppy can't format problem.
> >
> > If Robert G. and Torsten V. can get that put into the Nitros9 repo,
> > that would be fantastic!
> >
> > Q though:  Does putty properly handle the esc codes for a coco3's
> > screen?
> >
> > My fav linux equ to putty, minicom, doesn't do that at all well.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)