[Coco] CoCo2 Strange Side Switches

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Thu Dec 4 23:11:35 EST 2014

John the "2b"" was Tandy's last Coco 2. It featured an enhanced version of the VDG chip that allowed true lower case instead of "reverse text". The only problem was Tandy made no provisions to use it.
When used, it seemed like a normal Coco 2. But with a poke or 2, it could do lower case, but it would reset constantly so it took a hardware hack to make the lower case constant. There were several articles in Rainbow about this Coco right before the Coco 3 came out in 86.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com