[Coco] My new SDC and Multipak Issues

K. Pruitt pruittk at roadrunner.com
Wed Dec 3 20:44:16 EST 2014

I received my SDC and I just can't say enough great things about it.  It is
simply awesome.

Under RSDOS (is that a thing?) everything works flawlessly with or without
the multipak.

There are a few issues with my multipak and nitros9.

If I have the SDC in the multipak, with or without the drive controller
plugged in, Nitros9 will hang at the prompt.
No cursor, nothing.  I have tried every possible combination of slots to no
avail.  With the SDC plugged directly in to
the Coco3 everything boots fine.

When running Nitros9 any call to /D0 or /D1 will generate an error 244 and
the system will
not recover and does require rebooting.

I made a boot disk with Drivewire4 and the SDC modules and left out /D0 and
/D1 and their supporting stuff
everything is working very nicely.  I have /x0 /x1 /x2 /x3 /sd0 and /sd1 all
at my fingertips.  Very cool.

Any ideas on the multipak situation would be very welcome.

My physical drives have been failing leaving me only a single drive.  But my
DistoII controller has my clock
in it and I'd really love to be able to make use of it, hence the need for
the multipak.

Thanks.