[Coco] tandy mc10

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 15:33:07 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 1:09 PM, didier derny wrote:

> The processor on this machine   MC6803
>
> Is it a 6800  or a different version of 6809 ?
>
> I already saw the 6800/6802  but never the 6803

It's a micro controller, identical to the 6801 but without any on-chip ROM.
It has 128 bytes of on-chip RAM, timer with Input Capture and Output
Comapre and a Serial controller.

Its instruction set is a superset of the 6800, adding the ability to
catenate the A and B accumulators to a 16-bit D accumulator just like the
6809. It also has a MUL instruction, ABX, direct page JSR and instructions
for pushing and popping the index register (X).

Darren