[Coco] CoCo2 Strange Side Switches

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Dec 3 11:53:08 EST 2014

Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus <retrocanada76 at ...> writes:

> I would bet on the 2 more "famous" switches:
>
> 1 - reverse video
> 2 - pause

I went ahead and fired it up.

And, well, they both seem to have something to do with video.  But it's very
strange.

This thing seem to only emit shades of brown.  The default screen is black
on sort of tan instead of black on green.  The block cursor seems to
color-shift slower, because I suspect it is mapping some colors to shades of
brown.  It only shows three colors (near-black, medium, and light).

The switches do impact it.  One switch makes the default screen darker, and
depending on the position of the first switch, the second either does
nothing, or makes a wavy region of darker background appear.  Stumped, I am.

John