[Coco] CoCo2 Strange Side Switches

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Wed Dec 3 10:20:56 EST 2014

Zippster <zippster278 at ...> writes:

> Definitely some kind of mod.  What’s inside the case?

It's still got me puzzled.  Here are photos of the inside:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/78xxogwuzesjbt7/AAAdhxeRbhH15dAD1prBOih8a?dl=0

I can't say I've ever seen the inside of my CoCo before.  So I have no idea
what it's trying to do.

On that larger chip (MC6847P), it appears that both switches have a wire
connected to one of its legs - the second down from the top on the right.
It is a little hard to determine where the other wire on that chip is going,
but I think it's the top on the right.

Then there's that wire to the smaller chip, and it's connected to the
top-right leg of it.

Does this give any clues?

John