[Coco] Telnet question

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 09:16:55 EST 2014

127.0.0.1 will work for any number of connections from any machine to
itself.  If the connection is between two different computers, it will not
work.  In that case you will need to use the address assigned to the
interface you wish to communicate with, which certainly could be
192.168.1.something.  If the address is behind a router doing Nat (very
common for home networks) then you'll need to configure some form of port
forwarding if you wish to hsve remote access.  The specifics are up to you
(or whomever set up your local network).  Note that security for remote
connections is not very good.  I wouldn't recommend doing remote
connections if your coco has anything sensitive, and if its using drivewire
then that extends to the machine running the drivewire server since
drivewire provides access to any file on the server.  Probably not a good
idea.