[Coco] getting a .CCC file into an EPROM

Steve Ostrom smostrom7 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 10:46:06 EST 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: spereira1952 at comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2014 5:54 AM
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Subject: Re: [Coco] getting a .CCC file into an EPROM

To reply to my own question, I sent the ColorForth.ccc file off to an online
friend of mine to have it burned into a 27128 EPROM.

I received that EPROM back in the mail yesterday. I inserted the EPROM into
one of my EPROM cartridge boards, and VOILA! I now have ColorForth from
Talbot Microsystems in a cartridge, and apparently working properly.

Color Forth uses cassette tape for its mass storage. I am currently in the
middle of typing in the source file for Color Forth, that is included in the
manual. Once I have the kernal typed in and assembling properly, I hope to
adjust the places that it resides in memory so I can have a file that is
loadable from disk, or Drivewire or SDC on my CoCo 3 system. After that, I
hope to be able to look into the storage, and devise a way to save Forth
screens off to a disk file, too.

Thanks for listening!

smp
- - -