[Coco] POKEs and PEEKs in NitrOS-9?

Bill cwgordon at carolina.rr.com
Mon Dec 1 11:12:26 EST 2014

Recently, while "goofing around" in an attempt to re-learn some of what I
knew about my beloved Coco 3 (512k), I discovered that with 2 disk
controllers in the MPI, while using RSDos, I could access any slot simply by
using POKE &HFF7F,X. (X being 0 for slot 1, 17 for slot 2, 34 for slot 3,
and 51 for slot 4.) I have written a test program, saved it to the drive
controlled by the controller in slot 4, did the POKE for slot 3 (34) and
saved it on the drive controlled by the controller in that slot. Works
great, and I plan to investigate further.

Now, here's my question: Can this same thing be done from NitrOS-9? Can
POKEs and PEEKs even be used in NitrOS-9?

Thanks