[Coco] "super" ROM pak??

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 31 02:17:26 EDT 2014

Well I love the concept of being able to load the .ROM files at will without having to pull an EPROM, erase, then flash, etc...

I've been tinkering with the Atmega328 arduino environment for over a year now and, thanks to ideas and help from Mark Blair with Eagle PCB design, I've been separating the arduino board from the equation after prototyping several projects and just embedding the controller into my own pcb.  I even built my own arduino clone modeled after a pro-mini that takes a DIP atmega328 :)   I've been working with LCD's a lot and SD card access here and there, haven't gotten around to shift registers and external SRAM access though, but I"ve been reading up on them and I think I'm ready to tackle it.  I've got a vision of a single PCB that could hopefully fit in a cartridge housing, with a lcd screen, navigation buttons, microsd slot and power slot.  (I suspect the writing to the SRAM will have to be done with the CoCo off, so therefore external power required)

I've been looking on Digikey at some SRAM chips.  Could you recommend a chip or combination of chip with the appropriate SPI/parallel controller?