[Coco] CoCoFEST - Dart Time Sharing System Contest

Kip Koon computerdoc at sc.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 00:01:50 EDT 2014

Hi Wayne!
I have seen this problem when I start up DTSS, type NEW TEST, enter my
program, and type RUN also.  I kept forgetting to type BASIC first if I
remember correctly.  I played with it the other day for a few minutes to
remind myself how to do it.  It sounds like you guys have figured out more
than I have at this point, so I would say you guys are on a great start with
your projects!
I have not spent much time in the DTSS lately as I've been fascinated with a
project I built that uses an Altera Cyclone II FPGA chip programmed to have
an external 512KB RAM chip, a Z80 microprocessor running the CP/M-80
Operating System with 128MB total of online storage split up into 16 - 8MB
virtual hard drives labeled Drive A: - P: on an SD Memory Card!  It also has
two serial ports, a VGA port and a PS/2 port for a keyboard.  After CP/M-80,
utilities, programming languages, applications, etc. are fully loaded on to
the virtual hard drives via the serial link, I have a complete microcomputer
system which I can hold in the palm of my hand.  Then to use this little
fully operational microcomputer, all I need to do is hook up a VGA monitor
and a PS/2 Keyboard and I'm off and running!  So, yes, you could say I'm a
bit distracted.  :)
I personally have not come up with a project yet for the DTSS so I will have
to brain storm a bit.  Hummm...  In the meantime, keep up the great work!
:D

Kip Koon
computerdoc at sc.rr.com
http://computerpcdoc.com/