[Coco] The .DSK format/structure

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 10:56:45 EDT 2014

As as result of listening to Randy Kindig's floppy days podcasts,
I'm now playing with an Apple II emulator and software. I've noticed that
this emulator also reads .DSK images. But I'm fairly sure that the author
of the emulator chose the .DSK extension as a convenience.

I want to look at the differences between the Apple2 and coco .DSK images.
Would someone point me to the following:

1. The specification for a coco .DSK image. Obviously, at some level this
needs
    to be the same as the floppy disk format for a physical floppy, but
this     structure could also be embedded within a higher level structure
of the file.

2. Software used for reading/writing coco .DSK images.
3. Source code for that reading/writing coco .DSK images

I want to write a small program that will detect the image type and dump
the contents of either disk image.

Thanks

Tony