[Coco] mouse on sdlmess (linux)

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Aug 13 21:58:54 EDT 2014

Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have set up SDLMess on debian/wheezy on my eeepc900. It works very well, but
> I'm darned if I can figure how to make the mouse work.
> Does anyone have this working?
>
> I have set the mouse to hi-res in NitrOS9, using a little utility which I wrote,
> but the mouse pointer stubbornly refuses to move from the top left corner.
> I see an option to select the hi-res mouse in an SDLMess setting, and I've
> selected that. What other settings should I change?
>
> SDLMess version 0.154.
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

Can't say anything about the SDLMess but the hi-res mouse works for me in the
Windows version of MESS.

I'll assume you are not using a gui form of MESS, so you get to the settings
with ScrollLock/TAB. System Configuration is the panel that contains mouse settings.
Either or both Right and Left Controller Ports get set for joysticks. Hi-Res
Interfaces gets set for something and if you want Tandy instead of CoCoMax you
will probably select HiRes in Right Port unless your game or program needs the
Left Port.

With your pointer stuck in the upper left corner, that is indicative of None for
the Hi-Res setting or a mismatch of Right/Left Port.

Robert