[Coco] VCC time set by windows clock?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Aug 13 08:58:36 EDT 2014

Kandur wrote:
> Been googleing a lot, still can't find, how to set the time and date
> in VCC from the windows' clock it runs on, automatically.
>
> Kandur

You can select whether the emulated clock VCC uses is ON in FD-502 Config. This
is the same as MESS 'Disto clock'.

Once you engage the clock, you will need a program to read it with emulation
active. I'll assume here that you want one for NitrOS-9 which means you then
have two options. 1) Select an appropriate clock2 module for OS9Boot. 2) Use a
program like swread in 3rdparty/utils/smartwatch.

clock2_disto2 clock2_disto4 clock2_messemu  any of these should work
OR
clock2_soft with swread

Constantly reading a hardware clock can be excessive overhead. Swread can be set
to read hardware at selected intervals, say 10 min. This probably is moot for an
emulator.

Robert