[Coco] ASM parameters was: Which version of asm is the most popular?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Aug 13 07:42:26 EDT 2014

On Wednesday 13 August 2014 00:44:25 Kandur did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Works great!
> asm term-dd.a  u l o=/d1/objects/term-dd.o >term-dd.txt
>
> Kandur

I always include a "w132" to that in order to preserve as much of the
comments as possible.

Then if you want a printout, tell the printer to use about 15 cpi, or to
use landscape mode.  I prefer landscape, much easier to read than the
scrunched up characters you get at 15 cpi.

> Tuesday, August 12, 2014, 4:56:25 PM, you wrote:
> > There is no internal help for the OS-9 command ASM nor is there an
> > entry in the OS-9 command HELP for asm. This seems like a good time
> > to refresh our memories on this program's parameters.
> >
> > I was complaining about the case sensitivity of the current ASM and
> > did find an assembly switch that could turn it off. After spending
> > some time studying the source code, I've found there is a parameter
> > that can select for case sensitivity ON/OFF. Could be a 'senior
> > moment' or I never knew this parameter existed, so ....
> >
> > ASM parameters which need to be separated by a space or maybe a ,
> > U  :turn OFF case sensitivity as everything is forced Upper
> > -U :case sensitivity ON (default)
> > W  :line width option for printing
> > D  :page depth         "
> > L  :listing ON
> > -L :listing OFF (default)
> > N  :narrow listing for 32 character screen
> > -N :full (default)
> > O  :create object file in CMDS unless specified
> > -O :no object file (default)
> > S  :symbol table if Listing is ON. You get ALL the def info!
> > -S :no symbol table (default)
> >
> > There are some others but they would not be used in the command line.
> >
> > Robert

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)