[Coco] Copy files from Coco-3's physical drives to DW4 virtual disks

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Aug 8 16:57:00 EDT 2014

On Friday 08 August 2014 15:48:15 Kandur did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Thank you Gene.
> The floppy had only one file, 'part10',
> at the end of the copy I got a write error 245,
> but 'dir -e' showed identical byte counts on both drives.
> Looks, if the whole file was copied, too.
> Wondering what caused the error?
> See the last photo here:
> http://qdv.pw/coco/?p=222
>
> Kandur

You are, I suspect, copying /d1 to /x1, which changes the LSN0 data of
/x1.  The error 245 is "write error", I had in mind it was "disk changed",
the more usual problem in these scenes.  So the following advice may be
bogus.

Most such copies should start at LSN1, copying the rest of the image, then
come back and do LSN0 all by itself.

Then eject the dw4 drive, then re mount it, which will force rbf to reload
LSN0 so it has valid data.

> Friday, August 8, 2014, 12:08:18 PM, you wrote:
> > On Friday 08 August 2014 14:19:55 Kandur did opine
> >
> > And Gene did reply:
> >> How can I access drive 1 on DW4 from the Coco-3?
> >> http://qdv.pw/coco/?p=222
> >>
> >> Kandur
> >
> > dw4 files that look like a disk drive are behind the /x0, /x1, etc
> > rbf file descriptors.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)