[Coco] Copy files from Coco-3's physical drives to DW4 virtual disk

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 16:41:21 EDT 2014

You will want to check the contents of those JVC images.  They may not
actually contain any changes made to them.  I really don't think I ever
wrote the code for write support for any format other than plain old dsk.

There is no concept of "formatting" specific to DriveWire, nor is there the
idea of a "720k" disk unless you use some of the advanced settings to
enforce such a thing, which is rarely needed.  Drive Wire doesn't
understand sides or densities or tracks or any of that.

If you configure an OS9 device descriptor for one of the DW drives to match
the attributes of a 720k floppy disk drive, then running the standard OS9
format utility should create an image that has the same number of sectors
as a physical 720k floppy disk would have.  That would be the closest thing
to a "720k" disk image that you could have in drivewire.