[Coco] Color Basic v1.3 (1982)(Tandy).zip vs. Extended Color Basic v1.1 (1982)(Tandy).zip

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Wed Aug 6 11:31:56 EDT 2014

On 14-08-06 08:51 AM, Mark J. Blair wrote:

> On Aug 6, 2014, at 06:17 , CoCoList at jensdiemer.de wrote:
>> 2.) Extended Color Basic v1.1 (1982)(Tandy).zip
>
> I have an early (with the RAM size badge on top) silver CoCo 1 on the way from an eBay purchase, and it has Extended Color Basic 1.0. I wonder what changed between 1.0 and 1.1? I think that my CoCo that I had when I was a kid had the 1.0 version, too.

The differences are listed in the Unravelled book:

Fix a bug in PCLEAR
Fix a major bug in DLOAD
Fix a bug in PRINT USING
Fix a hard coded assumption that pmode graphics start at $600

The PMODE graphics fix and DLOAD fix are also provided by Disk Basic.

The PCLEAR bug fix prevents PCLEAR from causing a syntax error or other
weirdness when used within a program. The original code doesn't update
the current interpretation address when it relocates the program for the
new graphics memory size.