[Coco] mess HD problem

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Aug 6 09:43:35 EDT 2014

Bob Devries wrote:
> Hi Robert.
>
> I am using messui v0154, dated 23 July 2014
>
> My two vhd files are images of my two *real* coco3 drives. Size-wise, they are
> identical; both are quantum LPS-120s.
>
> Both drives are formatted entirely for NitrOS9.
> I boot NitrOS9 from a floppy image which has emudsk, /DD, /H0 and /H1
> I'm using the stock Coco3 rom images and disk 1.1 image.
>
> If I go to another window (/W7), and type chd /h1 and then dir, and then go back
> to the /term screen (which is logged to /DD) and type dir, I get the contents of
> /H1 shown, and I cannot get back to the /DD or /H0 drive. chd /DD returns
> without error, but doesn't change the directory.
>
> It seems that either mess or emudsk is forgetting which drive it is logged to.
>
> Regards, Bob Devries
> Dalby, QLD, Australia

I can't reproduce your problems. Using two .vhd drives where I can easily tell
which is which, changing drives/directories in /W7 has no effect on /Term and
all disk I/O is correct.

Did you try the RGBDOS.ROM I sent? It is the same one for two .vhd drives I
currently use. I compile MESS and it is messui 0.154 Jul 25, 2014. NitrOS-9 is
Level 2 V3.3.0 6309, but I may not be a pure distribution version.

Check the descriptors for /DD, /H0, and /H1. There should be drv=0 for /DD and
/H0 and drv=1 for /H1. Ortherwise, the descriptors are the same.

RG