[Coco] Fahrfall game package prototype...

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 1 11:11:47 EDT 2014

On 1/08/2014 5:51 AM, John W. Linville wrote:

> I am considering doing a Kickstarter to fund a Fahrfall production run.
> Any comments?

I having nothing against kickstarter itself (although I don't believe in
reality that it's anything like what it first set out to be, and that's
backed by a reliable 3rd-hand account from a very successful KS campaign),
but I'm sceptical that a KS campaign will yield the best results for Fahrfall.

As others have suggested, I doubt you'll reach or - more importantly -
influence, a wider audience than those already aware of your project in the
various Coco communities. It's a commonly held belief that projects are made
or broken within the first few days; those that don't look like meeting
their targets within a few days actually discourage further backers.

IMHO you're better off seeking pledges within the Coco community and
subsequently adjust your production run based on the response, with a margin
either way depending on your enthusiasm vs expectations. At least that would
be my approach.

Just my $0.02 worth of course.

Regards,