[Coco] Infocom text adventures

Nick Marentes nickma2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 28 03:57:52 EDT 2014

On 28/04/2014 5:30 PM, Arthur Flexser wrote:
> It wouldn't surprise me if the CoCo versions of the Infocom games were
> written with a modular screen driver, to ease porting the game to different
> platforms.
> So the task of getting it to use an 80-column screen may amount to just
> having to modify one routine.
>
> Art

That's my suspicion Arthur. If we could find where that routine sits we
could probably modify or reroute it to a routine that writes to the 80
column display.

I also suspect that fix one of the adventures and you may find they all
use this same "driver" and all could be modified to use an 80 column
display.

Nick