[Coco] CP/M emulator for OS9/6809

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 17:31:49 EDT 2014

Hi Luis,

On 28/04/2014 6:01 AM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
> I'm afraid the design is fairly more complicated. You need to refresh the
> dram, allow the coco to read/write on it while the z-80 is halted. Or make
> a mechanism through z-80 ports and create a transfer protocol between the
> z-80 and the coco.

An Australian designed 68000 based computer, the "Applix 1616" used a
Z80 to communicate to the floppy and SCSI hard disks as well as serial
ports The 68000 and the Z80 communicated through a port. The disk drives
were attached to a plug-in card. The protocol was designed by one of the
users IIRC. An 8MHz Z80 was used, while the 68K was 8 or 10MHz I think.
A version of CP/M was ported to it.

Regards, Bob Devries
Dalby, QLD, Australia