[Coco] CP/M emulator for OS9/6809

Retro Canada retrocanada76 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 17:13:46 EDT 2014

if you run os-9 level 2 in 6309 it's already in native mode which is 30% faster on average. this is what i do at home. there are some instructions that i could benefit from 6309 but dont think it would make any major impact. i made it for 6809 to not restrict the audience.

what could really speed up would be using lookup tables for some instructions byt this would take more memory than the coco itself could handle.

On Apr 27, 2014, at 3:59 PM, Nick Marentes <nickma2 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> On 28/04/2014 5:47 AM, Luis Antoniosi (CoCoDemus) wrote:
> Probably but I think it does not worth all the work.

I haven't used 6309 mode in any of my programs but I believe that putting the 6309 into 6309 makes many of the 6809 codes run faster and if you recode for 6309 native mode, you can get almost all instructions running in a single cycle.

Someone else can chime in here and correct me.

Nick