[Coco] Interesting Atari 2600 homebrew to CoCo connection

Bill Loguidice bill at armchairarcade.com
Wed Apr 16 14:37:53 EDT 2014

My first pass earlier at this message got rejected because I attached a
snapshot of some of the ads in question, so here's the same message with
the attachment removed...

As many of you know, I'm a big-time collector of everything videogames and
computers. As part of my insanity, I try to purchase as many interesting
homebrew products as practical. Among those purchases are more than a fair
share of the countless new Atari 2600 homebrew games being created on a
seemingly weekly basis. One such game that I just purchased a few minutes
ago, "KC Monster Maze!," which was inspired by the classic Odyssey2 games,
"K.C. Munchkin!" and "K.C.'s Krazy Chase!," and is being sold on tape (and
in ROM formats) for the Atari 2600's SuperCharger add-on, was developed by
Tom Babich.

Anyway, Tom included an email with the supplemental materials prior to the
delivery of the physical item, and, wouldn't you know it, he was a
programmer for the CoCo back in the day (forgive me if his name somehow
rings a bell to others here - I'm bad with individual names). As the story
in the PDF goes, which includes a reproduction of the ads: "In 1984 my
Father and I released my first game on tape with our software company Saint
John Gallery, which had been an art company. He drew the beautiful
illustrations and the comic book text and also created artful displays for
our booths at expos in the80’s :-) The flyer/ad is from The Rainbow, a
colourful 80’s computer magasine for the CoCo and Dragon machines."

In any case, I thought it was a neat bit of trivia to share. You can find
the AtariAge posting about the game here:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/222606-kc-munchkin-monster-maze-atari-2600/?p=2938224

Bill Loguidice, Managing Director; Armchair Arcade,
Inc.<http://www.armchairarcade.com>