[Coco] a new problem with decode

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 11:51:01 EDT 2014

Hi all,

 I seem to be running into a wall somewhere and can't figure out why or
where. I have the parameter problem solved now. In addition to the no
parameter/filespec alert, there is the not an executable module file and
not an I-Code module "errors" to be dealt with. I say "errors" because they
do not generate a specific error, but they both won't fly in decode. I can
supply another filename or pathname and it works, but if I press ENTER to
exit decode, I get hung in the error trap. Looks like an endless loop, but
I don't know why or where. If someone wants to look at my source and see if
they can find something, I am putting a copy on the decode site. When I
have it there, I'll post the link here. I will also include a pretty-print
version for the extra indentation. I do indent, but only in loops or
condition statements.

 http://cococoding.com/wayne/decode.B09 for the source and
http://cococoding.com/wayne/decodePP.B09 for the pretty print version.

 The area of concern is the error trap, and the code for running Alert.
Using the PP version for line ID, line number 20 occurs at offset 1518.
 The test for non-exectable file is at offset 178F, and the test for
non-I-Code module is at offset 18EB. The error trap begins at line number
500 at offset 671B.

I appreciate any assistance anyone can provide.

Wayne

--
The Structure of I-Code
http://www.cocopedia.com/wiki/index.php/The_Structure_of_I-Code