[Coco] hi kip

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 13:51:29 EDT 2014

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 7:33 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 14 April 2014 13:23:33 Arthur Flexser did opine:
>
>> Gene, I was referring to options at
>> http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/coco for configuring what the
>> list server does, not Gmail options.  You won't get copies of your own
>> posts unless you specifically request them by turning on "Receive your
>> own posts to the list".
>>
>> Art
>
> My point being Art, that this assertion, and those options at
> fivepair.list.net have nothing to do and zero effect with gmails
> preferences.
>
> That return copy, coming from five.pairlist.net back to your gmail account
> is seen a duplicate of the post you sent to the list (any list), or any
> list you use a gmail address to subscribe to that list, and gmail WILL
> delete the echo, and you cannot, in your gmail prefs, turn that off without
> using 2 gmail accounts.  You post thru one, and then you can receive thru
> the other.  Its a PITA that lots of folks do, but not one I am in love with
> personally.  And gmail is diamond hard on that point.

Gene, why is that such a big problem? Once you see it in your Inbox
(and not only in Sent Mail) you know it has been distributed by the
list server. There is just a slight inconvenience of not being able to
see the full headers from the server with "View Original" - it would
have been more useful if it kept the list server version instead of
the outgoing version.

Anyway, as others have pointed out, the best place to verify your
posted mails is the mailing list archive.

Tormod