[Coco] NitrOS-9 Technical Reference

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Sat Apr 5 15:46:04 EDT 2014

On 14-04-05 12:06 PM, Greg Law wrote:
> On another note, does anyone know of a way to preprocess the defs files with the actual values emitted in the assembler listing? I was hoping I could use lwasm –l –P os9.d or mamou –p –l os9.d to have it emit the RMB values so I don’t have to do it by hand, but I haven’t been able find the magic incantation to make either assembler to do this. This would make it significantly easier to pull out documentation for the remainder of the defs files.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do when you say
"rmb values".

If you're just trying to get the values associated with symbols, try
"--list --symbols". That will give a symbol table at the end of the listing.

If you're looking for clean source that has all the conditionals sorted
out and removed, that's something that's theoretically doable but is not
currently supported by lwasm. There are some "interesting" corner cases
created by macros, though, and those would have to be handled somehow in
the result. If someone wants to work out how to implement it, I'm
willing to entertain patches.