[Coco] SVGA converters

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Apr 5 09:27:41 EDT 2014

On Saturday 05 April 2014 09:21:50 RJRTTY at aol.com did opine:

> Hello Coco friends
>

>        I am writing to you today to announce  a price change
> for my converters.    I have decided to lower the price  to
> $50 for both the board level unit and the one with an
> enclosure.   The cost to produce them is over $100 but that
> is a totally unacceptable price since you can get single
> board computers for less than that.   So I have dropped
> the price to something more reasonable.   Something
> I would pay if it were me buying the product.
>
>     The only reason I have to sell below cost is that  commercial
> units are made by the gross using "pick and place" machines
> while mine are hand made.  They buy components in bulk
> while I buy small quantities at a time.
>
>    My main motivation is not to make money anyway but to
> insure our beloved machine continues deep into this century.
>
>     I enjoy making the units anyway.   It's sort  of like woodworking
> or painting pictures.   It relieves stress and gives me a sense  of
> accomplishment.
>
>    I have suspended production for the time being till my  financial
> position settles down due to my recent retirement.   When  that
> happens I will begin to assemble them once again.and fill orders.
>
> Roy

Roy, I would comment that when that settles, you will discover you cannot
afford to unless there is something in the wings we don't know about.

To the rest of the folks here, this board works better than that game
machine board.  Its image quality IS worth the difference.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)