[Coco] Drive controller problem

Brian Blake random.rodder at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 10:00:48 EDT 2014

If you look back to January of 2010 in the Maltedmedia archives, I had a
problem with a CoCo3 and and FD-502 controller as well. Also, there's a
section on my blog about the process of tracking down the problem:
http://tandycoco.com/blog/archives/40

The CoCo3 would work as expected with other cartridges plugged in, but,
I could get NO activity from a floppy disk set up - at all.

Gene, Mike and a few others pitched in to help me find the problem;
which in my case, this turned out to be IC9 - an LS138N - that was bad.
Replaced it and the CoCo has been running great since. While not exactly
the same symptoms, your problem might have the same cause.

Brian