[Coco] Sugestions for new NitrOS-9 versions

James L. Mazurek james at mazurek.chicago.il.us
Wed Apr 2 21:31:43 EDT 2014

On Wed, 2 Apr 2014, RETRO Innovations wrote:

... Previous list of sugestions snipped.

> I know this is a CoCo list, but there was a long ago effort to port OS/9 to
> the Commodore SuperPET, and I would love to see this codebase run on that
> environment. It's not a feature per se, but would be a neat target.
>
> Jim

I'd find an OS-9 port to the SuperPET an interesting project.  Just a note
there is a working SuperPET within the Chicago Classic Computing group.
I'm sure if we aske Jack nicely he might be convinced to tote it out to
CoCoFest for examination.

Any clue how OS-9 might handle the odd memory switching to get at the
extra 64K?  I'm not sure if memory mapping works differently in 6809E
mode.

-Jim Mazurek