[Coco] Sugestions for new NitrOS-9 versions

Boisy Pitre boisy at tee-boy.com
Wed Apr 2 12:51:30 EDT 2014

I would suggest following the OS-9/68K model and use environment variables. Even though there aren’t environment variables in NitrOS-9, it might be possible to shoehorn them in.

An area in the process descriptor could be allocated to hold a pointer to a buffer of memory for environment variables. Then F$Fork and F$Chain would consult:

1. the current execution directory
2. all directories in the PATH environment variable

Shellplus does handle multiple execution directories, but this really needs to be outside of the purview of the shell and in the domain of the aforementioned system calls.