[Coco] Boisy Pitre's arduinococo project

Christopher Smith csmith at wolfram.com
Mon Sep 30 18:25:44 EDT 2013

Hey Tony,

Sure; what I was asking about was code size.  No point in throwing an 2560 at it if a 320 will do. :)  I think there should only be one uart required for the thing, there are plenty of pins on the 320 to drive an SD interface with room to spare for perhaps a display, keypad, and just maybe a virtual cassette interface (for loading the drivewire ROM images for example, which would just require an analog pin, a PWM pin, and a digital pin for the remote switch) that also works from the card.  Trouble is that the 320 has only -- what, an eighth -- of the RAM space, and if you want to provide a UI you'd need some space for the display library or whatever code you used.  I'm just trying to get an idea how likely it is that the drivewire code could run on a smaller unit.

This is (unlike many of my concerns at the moment) not really a budgetary problem since last I checked you could get 2560 knock offs on ebay for around $20.  I'm just wondering about complexity and size of a potential finished project.

Chris