[Coco] DriveWire 4 - NitrOS-9 Floppy *BOOTSTRAP!*

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 21:15:57 EDT 2013

I think that would work.  AFAIK the dwio (former dwsub) portion can be
swapped to any of the supported mechanisms without changing anything
else.

You could also look at how the becker series builds and clone that to
build a dw4 series... I don't know if that is simple or a lot of work.

When I was working with Darren in testing the turbo stuff (it was
quite a while ago) I believe the actual increase in speed is about
40%, not 100% as you might expect, due to some overhead that just
cannot be avoided.  That may have changed since then, I am not sure.
Until this last week I didn't even realize the drivers were "in the
wild"... or maybe I did know that and forgot?  Too many things going
on lately.