[Coco] 2764 EPROM vs 2864 EEPROM

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Sep 28 21:37:41 EDT 2013

On Saturday 28 September 2013 21:33:34 Christopher R. Hawks did opine:

> On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 21:00:42 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > The burners do more than EPROMs though. They do lots of different
> > > flash chips and some can do some of the microcontrollers. Things
> > > that are used by hobbyists. And it's really not about a market,
> > > since as you said, they want free and open. I would expect some
> > > hacker to reverse engineer a burner and cobble together some
> > > software for their own use, and then share it. It's also something
> > > I would expect one of the ultra-stubborn purist Linux enthusiasts
> > > to do that refuses to do anything on Windoze.
> >
> > Did I hear someone calling my name?  :)
> >

> > Cheers, Gene
>
> 	Might have been me they were calling...
>
> 	Or the linux guys would do this...
>
> Build your own Parallel Port EPROM Programmer
> http://outflux.net/software/pkgs/EPROM/
>
> Build your own Parallel Port EEPROM Programmer
> http://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/apps/circuits/EEP-0.2.html
>
> $5 Parallel Port EPROM Programmer
> http://hackaday.com/2006/11/08/five-dollar-eprom-programmer/â€ژ

This last one seems to have been nuked.  The other 2 look neat, but of
limited chip handling.  Overall effort, I'd vote for the Willem.  Its got
way more packaging choices then the Zeltek with its single ZIF socket.

Thanks Christopher.

> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft

Cheers, Gene