[Coco] toolshed

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Sep 28 09:36:12 EDT 2013

On Saturday 28 September 2013 09:31:20 Tormod Volden did opine:

> On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 4:01 AM, David Ladd wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Greg Law wrote:
> >> One thing I learned from poking about the nitros9 make files that's
> >> not so

> >> os9 copy test1.txt test2.txt test3.txt test4.txt ... test999.txt
> >> work.dsk,
> >>
> >> Now if I could just figure out how to do something like "os9 copy
> >> folder\* work.dsk," to copy an entire folder at once.
> >
> > Actually the os9 utility has a version of dsave built into it which is
> > meant just like the real dsave is in (Nitr)OS-9. So basically you
> > would dsave a folder and all sub files/dirs with one command.
>
> Note that there is (what I believe is) a bug in dsave, I ended up
> replacing its use in the nitros9 makefiles with "makdir" and "copy":
>
> http://sourceforge.net/p/nitros9/code/ci/0f3030598435f5b3b641fb1aa47e55a
> 534c1fad1/
>
> Tormod

You should fix the comment section, you called it dcopy, not dsave. ;-)
That said, I have copied whole gigabyte hard drives with dsave.  The only
thing that drove me to fix was makdir, so an error 218 is no longer an
error.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Life is not for everyone.