[Coco] toolshed

Greg Law glaw at live.com
Fri Sep 27 20:14:39 EDT 2013

From: David Ladd
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 10:46 AM
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts
Subject: Re: [Coco] toolshed

> You can also do it this way too:
> os9 copy -l test.txt work.dsk,
>
> The comma is required on the very end of the disk image filename to get it
> to treat the file as a disk image rather than a file.  A little odd to get
> use to as when formatting/creating a disk image a comma is not needed. One
> of those things where context changes depending on the os9 command you are
> using.

One thing I learned from poking about the nitros9 make files that's not so
easy to grok from the documentation is that apparently you can copy a whole
slew of files to a disk image at once like this:

os9 copy test1.txt test2.txt test3.txt test4.txt ... test999.txt work.dsk,

Now if I could just figure out how to do something like "os9 copy folder\*
work.dsk," to copy an entire folder at once.