[Coco] DriveWire is just a hobby (Was: DW4 on MAc & Linux)

Al Hartman alhartman6 at optonline.net
Fri Sep 27 18:00:35 EDT 2013

I'm sure I've read that people have reproduced the Coco and the Coco 3 using
discrete TTL. The Coco3FPGA project shows it's doable that way.

Since Dragon, and many others licensed their ROMs from Microsoft, that would
be doable.

If the machine just had a boot ROM to boot NitrOS9, or empty sockets to
transplant ROMS from a Coco, then the licensing thing would be moot.

The Outbound Laptop for the Mac used ROMS from a Mac Plus.

-[ Al ]-