[Coco] DriveWire is just a hobby (Was: DW4 on MAc & Linux)

Aaron Wolfe aawolfe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 15:25:05 EDT 2013

On Sep 26, 2013 3:13 PM, "Chris Osborn" <fozztexx at fozztexx.com> wrote:

> On Sep 26, 2013, at 11:21 AM, Al Hartman wrote:
>
> > I've been using computers since 1979. I'm not stupid. These messages
are a result of my frustration.

> I've been doing computers since 1982. I know that things require a lot of
patience and I've done things that people have said are impossible. I'm
quite capable of beating my head against something for weeks to make it
work. But like you, most of the time I just want to see something work, not
have to have it be a month long project just to try something out.

> The documentation that may exist for DriveWire is scattered everywhere
and disorganized. I've seen a few people on the list volunteer to update
it, and I'm waiting for it to happen so I can give it a try. I happily
volunteer my ignorance of DriveWire and the CoCo to be a guinea pig to test
out any instructions that anyone wants to write.

Please let me know about any DriveWire 4 documentation that is not living
in our single wiki, or any Cloud 9 product information that is not living
on their single web page.  We dont want things to be "scattered everywhere"
and will try to exterminate any documentation that has escaped.

As for being a guinea pig, why not start by using the documentation that
exists in the two places it belongs in?  That would help those who are
interested in improving the docs to know what needs to be done.