[Coco] Quoting private email

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Thu Sep 26 07:04:52 EDT 2013

Here is what I sent in reply. I also BCC'd this post to the original
poster of the message; Juan, if you're still reading the list, can
you redirect me a copy of the original message with full headers?

The message in question is here:
  <http://five.pairlist.net/pipermail/coco/2012-May/060486.html>

Hello,

As a longtime student of intellectual property law, I certainly want
to respect a legitimate request in the same way I'd expect it with my own work.

Could you please provide your full name and postal address along with
a copy of the complete original email with full headers? I will also
check with the original poster. Since there's a fee charged to me to
alter archived lists, I want to be certain not only that your request
is valid but also that the list post is more than a protected
excerpt. Though copyright subsists, I'm sure you know that legal
disclaimers do not force a contract on the recipient. We'd all like
to send messages with impunity, wouldn't we?

And, of course, on my end being a list owner results in all sorts of
spam, spurious requests, harassment, and morning-after regrets, as
I'm sure you can imagine.

Thanks,
Dennis