[Coco] I dunno what happened

Wayne Campbell asa.rand at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 16:07:22 EDT 2013

I have found the problem. Somehow, when I was copying the files to the
decode.os9 image, I incorrectly copied the wrong copy of decode. I had a
problem previously with the line reference function and had fixed it. I
copied the version of decode (the I-Code file) that was before the fix. I
repacked decode from the copy of the source on the decode.os9 image, packed
it, then compared idents of the two decode modules. The following is what I
learned:

Header for:  decode on DD            Header for:  decode on D2
Module size: $3A7C    #14972         Module size: $3A77    #14967
Module CRC:  $BF4391 (Good)          Module CRC:  $72D842 (Good)
Hdr parity:  $49                     Hdr parity:  $42
Edition:     $35      #53            Edition:     $35      #53
Ty/La At/Rv: $22 $81                 Ty/La At/Rv: $22 $81
Subr mod, BASIC09 I-code, re-en, R/O Subr mod, BASIC09 I-code, re-en, R/O

As you can see, the version on the decode.os9 image (/D2) is smaller and
has a different CRC and Header Parity from the version packed on the hard
drive (/DD). I will be replacing the I-Code file on the decode.os9 image
today. I have also found my round tuit for getting a ftp application
installed on this PC. Since the source file on the image is good, anyone
that already has it can always use that copy of source to repack decode.

The only file you need to repack is decode.b09. I recommend opening Basic09
with a 40k memory modifier, then load the source and when it's finished

OS9: basic09 #40k
B: load decode.b09 (be sure to include path list if not the current data
directory)
B: pack* decode
Rewrite: y
B: bye